Saturday, March 20, 2010

New to this...

I am not a blogger.

Well, I haven't been. I've always been jealous of those people who have journal after journal from when they were kids. I would try to keep a journal...but after two or three days, I would be bored with it. Once, I had a journal for three months, but that's the longest so far.

And, to be honest, I just told Becky that one of the (bigger) reasons I am making this guy is because I found a super great template that I loved :)

On a more serious note, I read something last night that may be rolling around in my mind for a long time:
"Did becoming older bring me closer to Jesus? ...I began to ask myself whether my lack of contemplative prayer, my loneliness, and my constantly changing involvement in what seemed most urgent were signs that the Spirit was gradually being suppressed."
-Henri Nouwen, In the Name of Jesus.

I don't want to lose passions, but I don't want to be fleeting, either.
Still thinking...

1 comment:

  1. I thought the exact thing that you did when I started mine, but I absolutely love it. For me it's usually not for people to see. It's just for myself. And your background is definitely super great :-)

    ReplyDelete