Thursday, May 13, 2010

And still...


This is my city.

30 people died in the flood, and countless people lost homes, jobs, and hope.

"Break my heart for what breaks yours..." is coming true for me.

And even though we are safe and dry on Trevecca's hill, we students are sharing food and water and clothes and blankets and shoes and toothbrushes and shampoo and life and HOPE with our city. Their undying smiles even when they've lost everything encourage me beyond anything I've ever seen.

Mrs. Ruth and Mrs. Bea, two women who lost their home in the flood and who are living in the Trevecca Towers for the time being, told me yesterday that they have seen the fingerprints of God on this flood.

And I have, too.

Creator, teach us what it means to be your hands and be your feet.




And BE the God of this city.

1 comment: