Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Unforgettable




Yesterday morning, I woke up to a text: Date day today! Dress all cute and stuff. I'll pick you up at 1:00.

We went on an adventure to the Frist, to Centennial Park, to Fido, to Panera, and to GiGi's. Super fun day :) But throughout the day, I thought about it: What if it happens today?

But I kept telling myself to just put it out of my mind instead.

I thought we were on our way home, but Eric said we had one more place to go. We drove out to Percy Priest Lake, to Smith Springs Picnic Area on the far side of the lake. We've been going there since August of 2008, but we hadn't been in at least a year. What if it happens today?

We walked out to the tree we carved our initials into two years ago:



If it is going to happen today, it's going to happen here!

We walked down to the shore instead, and I finally gave up thinking about it happening today.

Eric set up his camera to take a picture of us with the lake in the background, and, once he set the timer, he came and put his arms around me. After the picture flashed, he whispered, "Look down."

And the most beautiful ring was in the palm of his hand.

He asked if I would marry him, and I said YES, OF COURSE!!!



I love that boy with my whole heart, and I always will :)

1 comment: